That's How I Do... EVERYDAY!

Friday, January 18, 2008

     Too many funny things get said around here, I can hardly keep up.  I wish that I could tell them to you all and that you'd laugh as hard as I did/do, but of course, "you had to be there" would surely be the product, so I will satisfy myself by titling my blogs with nonsensical phrases that float around.  

     In other more notable news, my first week of classes if over and I'm pretty excited about the reading for all but one of them (as it always goes).  But I knew that would happen with this class because it's Renaissance Literature and I happen to be here during the poetry (versus the drama) portion of the show.  We are spending the last SIX week on Milton's Paradise Lost (which, as poems go, is about as heavy as they come, but it could be worse?  Let's tell ourselves that because I really am not a poetry person, let alone a Renaissance poetry person).  My first novel for Gender and the Postmodern is Angela Carter's Nights at the Circus (which is about a woman who is half swan and travels in a carny show, I love fiction that has an element of fantasy to it!).  Literature and Otherness is probably going to be my favorite class, the professor is so far my favorite (and I have her twice!!) and the material is similar to my World Lit 3 Class (post colonial world literature) and I ate the stuff up last semester so I'm really excited about diving back into the concepts and the works and learning even more about them (starting with none other than Salman Rushdie!).  19th Century Literature is going to be a lot better than I thought (I hope).  We're starting with Charles Dicken's Great Expectations (unfortunately she cut Peter Pan from the schedule due to time).  So that's how that all goes.  Classes Wednesday through Friday is nice, school is different here in that it very much relies on the student to be self motivated, but I like that, it makes it a challenge.
     Finally, I'll be heading to Sheffield later tonight so when I come back I'm sure you all will have a lengthy blog about the whole experience.  Probably won't take my computer so I won't be skyping you this weekend, I know you're all disappointed. :)  Love and warm wishes!

2 comments:

it said...

Hey Sissy!!! It's your favorite brother, Cameron. Matt's here right now, so, he'll be able to fix the webcam tonight. Or at least, I think that's why he's here. I hope that's why he's here. I really want to see you, but Mom and Dad won't let me come with them to Europe to see you. But, I guess that's why we have the webcam. So, it's alright. Gosh, it seems like forever since I've seen you in person. I can't even imagine what 6 MONTHS is going to seem like. I love you sooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much Sis. Bye.

Ahhh! Shley said...

I miss you too cam! Hopefully the webcams will get fixed soon, otherwise maybe you guys need to get new microphones. I probably won't talk to you guys for a couple more days, but hopefully you'll be there when I call! Love you!
-Ashley