Nothin But Blue Skies

Saturday, January 12, 2008

     Just woke up to my second day in London and so far it has been nothing short of interesting and wonderful.  I flew with my friend Chris so that was really nice, especially when we ended up having a 3 hour delay in Chicago.  We got on the first plane and had to get back of because of some engine problems, finally got on the second plane and then it started snowing so they had to spray the plane down, we thought we'd never leave the ground!  I'm sure you all could go without hearing this (I could too...) but when am I ever short of unnecessary details?  Once on the plane Chris and I both took melatonin (gotta love it) an knocked out for most of the flight, it was a pretty turbulent flight and right in the middle the captain came on the speaker and said "everyone get in our seat and buckle up immediately, it is too dangerous for you to be walking around!" So I looked over at Chris and was sure that the captain had just induced panic on the plane but everyone was fine and we're here safely.  

     At the airport I heard what no one wants to hear from the people picking them up in a foreign country, "Ashley Liberio? We didn't know you were coming!"  AWESOME!  Again, crisis averted because Middlesex send competent people to take care of us.  After getting our welcome packet we went outside to get on our bus and to my amazement the sun was out!!!  The cloudy sky looked absolutely beautiful.  I realize I will get few of those moments here, but it was nice to start off with a little welcome from such a special guest.  So we got a tour and finally to our little rooms.  I took before pictures and when I am done unpacking I'll show you all what I've done with the place, let me just say, despite the tan brick walls, it has potential. :) 
     Best part of yesterday was, of course, the night.  We met the other abroad students for dinner on campus (which is where I'm headed shortly) and met the other 8 people from Chapman, a neat guy named Ben and this really fantastic girl Liz from New York.  All us rowdy kids have been put in the off campus dorm house of Wood Green and we're already in the works of planning a trip to Ireland for St. Patty's day.  We hung out in the kitchen once we got back and had so much fun hanging with some of the students that are actually from this fine country.  
     Wow, for not having done much I've already said a lot and I'm still in my pj's!  I need to get dressed!  Love you all and I will, of course, write soon!

2 comments:

it said...

Hi ashley!!! Its your little bro, Cameron. I bet your super excited that your in your favorite counntry. The delay in chicago (or wherever you had to stop) sounds awful. But I'm just glad you got to england safely. Oh, before I forget, I had my entrance exam for High School today. I'm super exited to see whether I get in or not. But anyways, enough about me. Ireland for St. Patricks Day sounds soooooooo cool. I wish I could be traveling with you. Dad still hasnt figured out how to properly work the webcam. I miss you sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much. 6 months is going to seem like forever. Since your not here, and the only things that you know about are the things we tell you, Its going to be really easy for me to play tricks on you. Just wait till April fools day. Ill get you then. BEWARE! Oh, and also, if your wondering how I left a comment, I started a blog. Im not going to put anything on it so dont even bother looking at it. I only made it because I wanted to leave you comments. Can't wait to hear from you. Bye.

Anonymous said...

Glad your are starting off so well. You are going to have the greatest experience ever. Live it up!!! Keep up the posts so I can live vicariously through you.
~Heather