Now it's time to say goodbye...

Thursday, May 22, 2008

     This week has been a week of more goodbyes.  After we came home from Amsterdam we spent the night seeing Paul (Fellman) off by having a little kitchen party and laying low.  Paul (Railton) and I have been pretty lazy this week but it's been nice just being able to spend some time together.  Monday we saw Erica off by going to a few different places, met up with Breanna, which was nice because her and Erica are sorority sisters.  Tuesday we saw Forgetting Sarah Marshall with Andreas (SO hilarious).  Wednesday we spent the afternoon with Eileen, had what some might call a disastrous lunch (while others... cough, paul and I, cough... would call it a normal day), afterwards leaving Paul in the parking lot because Gordon didn't realize he wasn't in the car... I laughed, a lot.  Today we went to the Dali exhibit by the London Eye and it was AMAZING.  My favorites were the series on Alice in Wonderland and the series on the 12 tribes of Israel.  I finally bought his autobiography, which I plan on reading when I'm done with Elizabeth and Mary (thanks mom and dad... it's fantastic).  I feel like this week has gone by so fast and we haven't done a whole lot of anything.  We've eaten Nando's twice, had some Pizza Express tonight and generally have spent far too much time inside room 113 in Wood Green.
     Tomorrow night should be fun, meeting some friends to go to Cafe Pacifico for my fix of mexican food.  We will also be meeting up with Paul's cousin so that should be fun.  He leaves Saturday around noon and then I'm fending for myself for a couple of days, probably sitting in the backyard (if it's not raining) reading my book, otherwise I'll be inside... no biggy.  After having two smelly people in this room for two and a half weeks it will be nice to have some alone time so it's kind of perfect that everyone is gone at the same time (not that it matters but Andreas and Liz are in Rome and Chris and Traci are on their Greek Island Cruise).  
     I can't believe that I only have 3 full weeks left to live in London, walking along the Thames this afternoon, watching the sun shine on the Eye, looking at Parliament, I realized how much I'm going to miss living in this city; I really do love it here very much.  I, very unrealistically, wish that I could pick up everyone that I love and plant them in London.  Rest assured, now that my mind is free from thinking about school I've started to miss home very deeply, I'm very anxious to get home and see the people I care about.
     On another depressing note, I do believe that the following picture, 1 of a series of 5 from our night at the Globe, is the only (series of) picture(s) of all 7 of our little Wood Green group.  Real World London anyone?

0 comments: