I hate kids... Like that

Tuesday, May 13, 2008

     After school finished up and I got some much needed sleep it was time for the guests to begin arriving and an excess of fun to be had.  Tommy, Paul's friend, was the first to arrive the night school was over.  My Paul came at 2:30pm the next day and then Chris's friends got to Heathrow Friday morning.  Wednesday night we went out for our friend Ryan's birthday before he left the next day to fly home.  We went to Cheapskates and Paul got his first glimpse of what London's night life is all about.  Fortunately, Paul took to my friends like fish take to water and has thus had various options of entertainment ever since. 
     Thursday Chris, London Paul, Liz, Tommy and I went to Regent's Park to relax and enjoy the sun.  We went on the swings and played frizbee and then walked over to the Sports Cafe to get our customary wings.  
     Once we got back from wings I had the pleasure of shaving Chris's head into what can likely be known as the shortest lived mohawk in history.  We've been planning on doing so for a while and finally, on the eve of his friends arrival, we took the plunge.  I woke up the next morning to find him near bald since he shaved it off after I left his room that night.  Pity... it was amazing.
     Friday Erica and I went shopping (dress specific) while Paul went with Liz to the National Portrait Gallery.  Erica and I had a fine time eating the European equivalent to Chipotle (the owner is from Santa Barbara) and successfully finding what we went looking for.  We had plans to go to Fabric, supposedly the loudest club in London, that night so we wanted something to wear... such girls!  We had a great time at Fabric, though Tommy had already moved on with his travels everyone else's friends were there to enjoy and it was wonderful... except the getting home part.  Usually we frequent certain clubs or areas which means we know how to get home... Fabric is not in one of those areas.  Though we ended up leaving in three separate groups, we all got home safe.  
     Saturday we went back to Regent's Park for some tanning but the sun decided not to come out.  What did come out, however, was a couple who had no qualms about PDA and really enjoyed each other's company in broad daylight.  Ridiculous.  Afterwards Erica and I walked to Oxford Street and met up with Chris and his friends Mike and Collin to walk a bit.  Paul came and met us later for some Wagamamas (I'm going to miss that place!).  Went to bed early and woke up to go to Brick Lane market, got delicious crepes and saw the goodies.  Eric and Paul met Liz, Chris and the boys at the Imperial War Museum while Paul, Ben and I went home for a bit.  We relaxed for a bit until it was time to go meet up with everyone at the Globe theatre to go see King Lear!!  Liz, being the wonderful girl she is, bought everyone tickets as a farewell gift, so sweet.  We were in the pit so we stood the whole time, which is an issue after 3 hours, but it was an amazing performance and I'm so glad we all went!  
     Last night (Monday), we went out to celebrate Ben's last night (which is technically tonight but we'll be on a bus to Amsterdam later).  We went to a pub in Camden and then came home, grabbed some beers and went to Alexandra Park for the night, it was beautiful sitting on the hillside after dark with a great view of the city just spending time with good friends.  Today everyone is at the Tower of London, which I did when Mom and Dad were here, so I opted to stay home and pack for our trip.  Being out of school has made me lazy, maybe I just need a little time to unwind.  Hopefully after Amsterdam I'll be ready to go back out and explore!

1 comments:

Cameron said...

Tell Paul from London and the Paul that you hang out with at Pete and Sharon's parties I said hi. Tell Paul from the English parties that he needs to add me on myspace. And also tell him that I have a video on my myspace of these guys dressed as aliend and the one named matt lookes exactly like him. But anyways, how are you? Sorry I havent posted comments in a while. Dad said you are going to Wales. Is that true? I miss you. Come home soon or else I will loose it.