What's the definition of Juxtaposition?

Monday, April 28, 2008

     At the moment life is much more boring than "business as usual."  I've been stuck inside the past week writing papers (or rather, doing the preliminary sit-in-front-of-my-computer-and-get-distracted ritual that I go through for about a week before my mind is ready to do any actual work).  My papers are due the 6th so now I've actually got to do something about it.  However, not before I write this exceedingly boring little update.  

     So what do people talk about when they have nothing to say?  The weather, which, as it were, has made paper writing all the more difficult because it's been absolutely beautiful out.  Paul, Liz, Erica, Chris and I walked to the top of Alexandra park the other day just because it was a wonderfully nice day out.  Now that classes are done (ended last Friday) I've been filling my free time with the gym, I'm really glad I got a pass when I did because otherwise I'd have no structure in my life after these papers.  At this point I'm actually craving structure, I'm done flying free and lacking productivity.  I want to get on with my travels (which I'm so excited about) and get home to start my last year at Chapman.  I registered last week and I'm really excited about my classes: Major Authors: Tolstoy; American lit from 1950 to present; Writing about Diverse Cultures (with Van Meter, yeay!); Intro to Poetry.  All of the professors are men and women I've had before and they're all quite brilliant so it should be a pretty challenging and interesting semester.  It will also be my first semester (not counting this one since I'm in another country) living near campus versus at home and I'm really quite pleased that I'll have the opportunity to do so, and with Erica, who is a really neat girl so I'm sure we'll have a lot of fun together.  We're both big nerds and have already sat down and discussed "house rules."
     Speaking of travels (so I digress...) I got an email the other day from EasyCruise saying our cruise was cancelled because the boat wasn't ready!!!  I'm so upset!  BUT, we do get a full refund, plus refunded for any "reasonable" travel accommodations (ie my flights) and a complimentary cruise, so I'm going to try and rebook Paul and I for a 4 night cruise running the same weekend.  That's all up in the air based on availability though, since it's so close to now.  
     OOOH, found a new area last weekend.  Went to dinner off the Angel tube stop and it's a really great, trendy little area with antique and vintage shops, lots of bars, coffee shops, pastry shops and interesting people.  I actually ended up talking to the owner of one of the little vintage stores for near an hour on Sunday.
     Saturday I met Chris at the Natural History Museum to see the photography exhibit there, we also watched the end of the Man U. and Chelsea game, yahoo.  Chris's friend went with us to the exhibit, quite a character, we actually lost him at one point and never found him.
     Anyway, that's the long and short of it, Paul gets here the 7th so that will be a nice way to celebrate turning all of my papers in and then hopefully life will be much more fun and interesting.  Miss you all and really can't wait to see you!!

1 comments:

colleen said...

this sounds very similar to my past couple of weeks. haha. good luck with all your papers<3