Jackie I'm Kidding!

Friday, February 8, 2008

I have started buying weekly passes to the tube because it encourages me to do more sightseeing as well as saves me quite a bit of money.  So this week  I got to go and see a lot of stuff.  Tuesday Paul, Andreas and I went to 
St. Paul's Cathedral (which is the first picture) it's absolutely beautiful,
and the inside is absolutely amazing.  I wish that you could take pictures inside, but alas, you can't.  It's so intricate, all of the domes are speckled with gold and so wonderful.  After going there Paul and I crossed the Millenium Bridge and went to the Tate Modern Museum and saw some fantastic work by Picasso among others.  When we got home we were 
told by Becky and Emma (who's in the next picture) that it was 
PANCAKE DAY!  So Emma made pancakes and I, being the piggy that I am, had 5 (3 with nutella 2 with sugar and lemon).  They were delicious!  
Wednesday I stayed in like a good girl and did homework.  Thursday 
I came back from class and Andreas and I decided to go to the Imperial 
War Museum, which was absolutely amazing as well.  (and just like the 
Tate and St. Paul's, it was totally free!)  So we went through the Blitz 
experience among other things, but my favorite was the propaganda 
exhibit.  Some of the posters, especially those from Germany during 
WWII were fascinating and really weird.  A lot of weird demons and 
night time creatures as well as really odd slogans on some of the english 
posters. The last two pictures are from the Imperial War Museum one 
of the museum itself and the other of me with a piece of the Berlin Wall.   



     

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah so much fun you are having. You should go to church at St Pauls on Easter. I did when I was there and it was amazing. It is so beautiful inside and such a formal experience. Much different than we're used to but so awe inspiring. Westminster Abbey used to have a weekly Sunday night service also. Since you have to pay go inside and see everything it's a good way to see it for free and go worship in such a memorable place. Both places always remind me of Princess Diana.

Have fun, eat a galaxy bar for me

Karen

Anonymous said...

hi sis!!! It's your little brother again. So you got to see part of the burlin wall. That's pretty cool. Dad told me that it seperated west Berlin from East Berlin. it doesnt look very big though. Speaking of the Berlin wall,don't you have a piece of it at your school? The cathedral sounds pretty darn coll aswell. I wish i could be traveling with you. You're seriously living my dream life. I'm so jelous. But anyways, we all miss you a ton. Hope you are having a good time. Bye.

Ahhh! Shley said...

Actually yes, my school does have a chunk of the Berlin wall. In fact, it is a bigger piece than the one in the picture!